Michael D. Wonacott - Biography
Mike Wonacott provides professional .NET and SharePoint solution design,
development and consulting services to clients in the Greater San Francisco Bay
Area and Sacramento.
Mike has 20 years experience in information technology and engineering, working
in several high-profile roles in the healthcare, high-technology, financial and energy
industries, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. Mike left his role
as Enterprise Architect at Kaiser Permanente to launch Vizzit Corporation in
2005, where he holds the dual role of Principal Consultant and President.
Vizzit Corporation helps organizations maximize the value from their portfolio
of new and existing applications and infrastructure, and deliver
business-critical solutions that meet business needs.
Mike has helped satisfied clients achieve key successes including: requirements
analyses, architecture, provisioning and customization of SharePoint Server
2010; design and development of the flagship imaging application for a leading
medical device company; and the creation of a multi-tier system which processes
$1 billion daily for a leading financial institution.
Before starting Vizzit, Mike had the role of Enterprise Architect at
Kaiser Permanente where for 10 years he guided the $40 billion national healthcare organization in
its strategy, planning and development for its large and complex portfolio of
enterprise IT applications and infrastructure. Mike's efforts helped Kaiser
Permanente achieve multiple successes, including:
He co-published "Distributed Enterprise Information Networking:
A Case Example"
- The inauguration of Kaiser Permanente's enterprise architecture and standards program.
- SharePoint enterprise requirements, architecture, plan and prototype.
- Services-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise service bus (ESB, Web services)
- $100 million National Insurance System architectural design.
- Development of the National Systems Strategy and Multi-year Plan.
- Over $25 million in savings during consulting to over 20 national and regional projects.
- An increase in system availability of 2500 minutes annually for call centers
serving over 3 million members.
- Selection of a multi-year business partner for a $200 million distributed computing
infrastructure in Northern California.
Mike holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Washington State University,
as well as an international business certificate from the University of Copenhagen,
He can be reached at:
Walnut Creek Center
2121 N. California Blvd. Suite 290
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Office: 1.800.931.2338 ext.704
Newsletter/Top 5 Lists
Our Value and Services
Back to home page